Monday, April 6, 2020

SEL Lesson for K. & Grade 2 week of 4/6

Hi Kindergarten and Second Grade Friends!

Our first Social Emotional Lesson is on controlling our worries that we have in the Yellow Zone


Worries can be really hard to control sometimes. In this lesson you will learn a really great coping skill that you can use to stop thinking about your worries. 

Try imagining a locked box in your mind. You can picture it as a sunken treasure chest or maybe even a toy chest! Get creative with how you want your box to look in your mind. I like to picture a sunken treasure chest protected by mermaids. 


So when I have worries in my head during the day, I imagine in my mind putting them in my treasure chest for the day. I lock the worry up in my mind until a later time in the day when I can talk to someone about it. 

Try setting up a worry time with a parent. Keep it at the same time every day, maybe after dinner. At first you'll notice you have lots of worries to talk about. But as you practice locking your worries in your box, you will notice sometimes you even forget what your worry was! This is a good thing! 

The idea is to not think about our worries all day because that can make us feel bad. 

Now you try at home! Grab a piece of paper and draw what your lock box in your mind looks like. 

Have a Super Week!
Love, Ms. Darsch <3







No comments:

Post a Comment