Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Thoughts, Feelings, & Behaviors

Hi Everyone! Today lets talk about how our thoughts, feelings and behaviors are all connected by using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Check out the picture below:


Notice that what we think about impacts what we do and how we feel. For example - If I wake up in the morning and think to myself, this is going to be such a bad day. With that thought, I am going to feel sad and maybe grumpy. If I am feeling sad and grumpy I may act quiet or even cry and not try in school. 
However, if I wake up in the morning and think to myself, I am going to have a good day. I will feel calm and happy. If I feel calm and happy then I will act nice and friendly and try hard in school. 
See how thinking positive happy thoughts helps us have good feelings and behavior? 

Now you try!
What is a thought that makes you feel happy?
Mine is the beach or Little Bear :)

Remember - You can always reset your day if it is not going well and this is a great way to do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment